Are you on the search for the best pickleball courts Charlotte, NC, offers? Look no further; we’ve found them all.
Charlotte, North Carolina, is on the road to becoming the nation’s pickleball capital. Rally Entertainment announced the opening of a new complex dedicated to the sport in spring 2023. According to plans, the urban entertainment venue will feature eight pickleball courts, two signature cocktail bars, a full-service restaurant, special events area, and courtside lounging.
Meanwhile, these are the best pickleball courts in Charlotte, NC, where you can attend fun events or practice this sport.
Carolina Courts are one of Charlotte’s best facilities for playing pickleball indoors in a prime location. Locally owned and family-operated, the multi-sports facility addresses pickleball players of all levels who can play during the open hours for a $5/day fee. Private court rentals and clinics for beginner and intermediate players are also available.
· Dedicated pickleball courts number: 3
· $5/day to play | $35 private court rental (2.5 hrs.) | $20 beginner/intermediate pickleball clinic
· 240 Chestnut Pkwy Indian Trail NC 28079
· Pickleball Open Play: Wed and Fri 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Charlotte Squash & Pickleball Club
Located at Russell Tennis Center, the Charlotte Squash & Pickleball Club is the perfect choice for avid players who want to pay for a membership for unlimited court access. The membership fee is $50 per month, but non-members can also play for a special rate of $7/person for two hours. Currently, they have two indoor acrylic courts and seven outdoor hard courts.
· Dedicated pickleball courts number: 2
· $50/month membership fee | $7/person/2 hrs.
· 705 International Dr. Charlotte NC 28270
· Opening times: Mon-Fri 6 AM to 10 PM | Sat, Sun 6 AM to 8 PM
Charlotte Indoor Tennis Club
The right choice for new or intermediate players who want to improve their skills, the Charlotte Indoor Tennis Club features 12 indoor courts specifically designed for pickleball. They offer group or private training lessons, tournaments, and competitive league play, but you can also enjoy a recreational game. Membership holders can benefit from reduced court rental rates. Monthly fees are $25 per month for a single member or $40 per month for couples. No joining fee is required.
· 12 courts
· Court fees/hour (six people max per court): With membership $15 | Non-members $25
· 8401 Sharon Lakes Rd. Charlotte NC 28210
· Opening times: Mon-Fri 8 AM to 10 PM | Sat 8 AM to 6 PM | Sun 10 AM to 6 PM
If you want to play pickleball while also enjoying other sports and fitness activities, the Cornwell Center is an excellent choice. The multi-sports hall features three courts shared between basketball and pickleball. Pickleball courts are permanently marked, and portable nets are available, so you don’t have to bring your own. Membership fees are more expensive than other centers, but non-members are also welcome.
· Three courts
· Pickleball fees: free with membership | $7/day for nonmembers
· 2001 Selwyn Ave. Charlotte NC 28207
· Pickleball Open Play: Tue 1 PM to 3 PM | Thu 12 PM to 2 PM
Sports Connection Pickleball Charlotte offers everything from court rentals to private lessons, clinics, social events, and group outings. This is one of the largest pickleball facilities in North Carolina, with 25 indoor and four outdoor courts scattered across the club’s three locations. Sports Connection also sponsors free clinics for promising future players.
· 25 courts
· $25/hour court rental | Open play sessions $7 to $10 with membership and $11 to $14 for nonmembers
· 10930 Granite St. Charlotte NC 28273 | 8626 Hankins Rd. Charlotte NC 28269 | 11611 Ardrey Kell Rd. Charlotte NC 28277
· Mon-Sun 9 AM to 10 PM
Clarks Creek Community Park
One of the most popular places in Charlotte to play pickleball outdoors, Clarks Creek Community Park features eight hard surface courts with permanent markings and nets. They are free to access and are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. The community park features ample parking next to the courts and basic amenities such as restrooms.
· Eight courts
· 5435 Hucks Rd. Charlotte NC 28269
· Mon-Sun 8 AM to 8 PM
Prosperity Athletic Club
Founded in 1998, the Prosperity Athletic Club is the right choice for pickleball enthusiasts who prefer to reserve a court or want professional guidance. They feature six outdoor courts, four of which are standalone pickleball courts with permanent markings and professional netting systems. Two blended tennis and pickleball courts are also available. Members can access all courts for free, while nonmembers can rent courts or join open plays for a small charge.
· Six courts
· Free for members | $5/day Open Play for nonmembers | $10/hour/court for nonmembers (court rental)
· 9300 Browne Rd. Charlotte NC 28269
· Opening times: Mon-Thu 9 AM to 7:30 PM | Fri 9 AM to 5 PM | Sat 9 AM to 2 PM | Sun 9 AM to 12 PM
Freedom Park – East Courts
Another spot where you can play pickleball for free in Charlotte is the Freedom Park – East Courts. There are two pickleball courts with permanent markings, but you’ll have to bring your own nets. Alternatively, you could turn one of the four tennis courts into a pickleball court by drawing your own markings with chalk. The courts are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
· Two courts
· 1900 East Blvd. Charlotte NC 28203
· Opening times: 8 AM to sunset
· Pickleball enthusiasts in the Charlotte area can play their favorite sport both indoors and outdoors. Most indoor facilities are free for members only.
· Free outdoor courts are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and playtime may be limited if people are waiting.
· In community parks, non-lighted courts are typically open daily from 8 AM to sunset. Opening hours may vary for lighted courts.